Our curriculum includes (and goes far beyond) the National Curriculum, which allows students to gain the essential knowledge that they need to be educated citizens.
We offer our students a curriculum which:
- is broad and balanced – our students develop intellectually, creatively, socially and physically, through studying many different subjects.
- is enjoyable and raises aspirations – our highly engaging lessons make students want to learn, and enables students to reach their potential.
- promotes spiritual, moral, social and cultural development – our students develop their character and knowledge of the world around them.
- promotes British values – students learn about democracy, respect & tolerance, individual liberty and the rule of law.
- prepares young people for the future – our students leave our academy well-prepared for the next stage of their lives.
- puts the student at the centre of their learning – our curriculum is not ‘one size fits all’. As well as giving students choice within lessons, individual students may have extra support or extra challenge to achieve their potential.