Welcome to Co-op Academy Bebington, a place where our core professional purpose is in providing the very best educational experience for your child. This purpose is articulated clearly in our vision which is
‘Shaping Exceptional Futures’
We believe all children are exceptional and all have skills, talents and abilities which should be recognised, nurtured and celebrated.
Our students and staff have explored what ‘Shaping Exceptional Futures’ actually means in practice and together, we came up with our eight principles, which, if we all abide by, will ensure the best for us all.
Our 8 principles are:
- Placing our students at the heart of everything we do.
- Removing the barriers to learning so that all students and staff are provided with a vision of what they can be and supported to achieve that vision.
- Recognising and celebrating student achievement, academically, socially, physically, mentally and inclusively.
- Encouraging everyone in the school community to excel and achieve, in whatever form that may take.
- Providing our students with an aspirational vision for their future and the appropriate learning pathway.
- Being relentless in our determination for each others’ success.
- Respecting everyone in the whole school and local community, so that we are recognised as a family school within an extended community, which supports and cares for each-other.
- Embracing healthy living so that all are physically, emotionally and mentally enabled to excel and achieve their dreams.
We are a community school and we care not just about our school community, but for the people within our area, hence our extensive community programme.
As a Co-op Academy, we embrace Co-op values:
No school can realise this ambition without working in partnership with parents and carers, the wider community, local businesses, and support agencies. We place this collaboration at our heart.
Education is about providing life chances. We pride ourselves on delivering opportunities inside and beyond the classroom. We offer traditional and non-traditional courses augmented by our farm and construction facilities. These provide exciting learning pathways enabling students to achieve in line with their interests and abilities.
We are a regional lead for leadership, coaching, and volunteering in the vital area of health and wellbeing. Our aim is to improve the health & wellbeing, employability and life chances of young people. Our Sports and PE facilities are some of the best on the Wirral. Our holiday clubs ensure our young people really do engage in lifelong learning. We work relentlessly so your child achieves better than expected outcomes in a happy and caring environment.
We expect the highest standards of behaviour, effort, uniform, respect, and courtesy from our students and, as staff, we reciprocate with outstanding teaching, professionalism, care, and respect.
I hope you take the opportunity to visit and see what we offer young people for yourself.
Ms. Catherine Kelly
B.A (Hons); M.A; NPQH